Of all tales, impressions, & experiences, only Experiences are the key to success.

Saturday, September 12, 2015

North-African Adventures 2015: #AA15: Day 0

every day is a journey

and the journey itself

we call home


Finally. After over six months since my last proper trip outside of Belgium, the next one has arrived! 


Finishing the biggest project SmartSpotter Belgium ever had, not accidentally lead to me leaving on a two week holidays to Egypt! We aced the project, and I hope that our customers think the same of our services! 


Took me a while to figure out which country would be next on my Travelmap, but Egypt won this times' competition! Moreover, I'll meet up with a long lost friend in Egypt's second city, Alexandria, concluding in a Erasmus Rennesunion#3 for me!


Some people where quite ancious when I told them I'd be travelling to Egypt, part of them being the parents (but hey, you'd expect them to say that) but even some of my colleagues made the remark... I promise to be careful guys! Well... at least when I sleep! To put these people at ease, I dedice to do a fully guided tour around the country. This means that all transport and hotels are booked in advance and we have a proper schedule to hang on to, altough you always get to have proper time to chill out on your own or in smaller groups. I'll be travelling with : Joker, a belgian organisation for adventurous trips, in cooperation with Intrepid, offering the Explore Egypt Trip. As shown on the picture, we will be travelling throughout the centre and west of the country, hopefully without meeting too many tourists, as I always prefer discovering new places with natives, rather than with the regular tour busses around you.


#NAA15

Beneath you can see the, by now, traditional picture of my backpack for yet another trip. I finally managed to get the flags of countries I've visited over the years on my backpack. There are still some missing though... Egypt will be country nr. 31! I will try to blog as often as I can, but need to go now. My plane's about to take off! 


_safe travels!


Traditional picture of all that comes along the trip All necessary info about Egyptian diplomacy etc., can be found here: Belgian Diplomacy for Egypt
Oh, and by the way: #NAA15 stands for North-African Adventures 2015.


No comments: